Director of Youth Recruitment & Enrollment BOSTON, MA
Are you committed to ALL youth having the opportunity to pursue any career and future they choose? Do you have a passion and talent for connecting with and inspiring youth from all backgrounds? Then this is the job for you!
ABOUT THE POSSIBLE PROJECT:
The Possible Project (TPP) is a multi-year, youth entrepreneurship program offering students exciting project-based experiences:
- the creation and running of student-directed, passion-based ventures
- hands-on experiences within TPP Social Enterprises
- work-based learning opportunities through internships and fellowships
- learning about and use of high-technology maker equipment, such as laser cutters, 3-D printers and clothing printers/presses
- personalized college and/or career advising
The spirit of entrepreneurship grounds students’ experiences, igniting their passions, inspiring creativity, and providing opportunities to engage in design-thinking, problem-solving, and build self-efficacy. Throughout their TPP journey, high school students work with dedicated educators, advisors, peers, and field experts; earn stipends; design products and services in a state-of-the-art makerspace; attend pitch panels and marketplaces; build and apply essential skills, mindsets, and social capital; and explore the exciting opportunities that exist post-high school. Students have fun learning, growing and interacting with peers as they design their futures.
TPP is in its second decade of operations, having served nearly 1000 students in the greater Boston area. The organization employs 30+ professionals with plans to grow significantly in Boston over the next 4 years, as well as other cities beyond 2025. TPP offers a strong professional development ethos, a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture, innovative curriculum & pedagogy, and a commitment to excellence and student impact. Importantly, TPP is highly committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in everything we do. Currently in an expansion mode, TPP plans to open a 35,000 sq ft Boston Innovation Center serving 1000 students a year, launching in fall 2021.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Possible Project (TPP) is seeking a Director of Youth Recruitment & Enrollment to lead TPP’s strategic efforts to expand to serve 1,000 students per year by 2025. The Director of Youth Recruitment & Enrollment reports directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer and drives the recruitment and enrollment processes, with the goal of accurately and efficiently sourcing and recruiting young people (ages 14-18) who are the best fit for TPP’s program. This person will lead recruitment and enrollment plan development and implementation, including building and managing relationships with schools, community-based organizations and residents to steward interested students ; building awareness, relationships, and ongoing correspondence with prospective applicants and families, and developing and managing marketing, outreach, social media campaigns, and information sessions. Given that we are implementing a new program and learning from our experience, we are seeking individuals who are entrepreneurial and able to navigate and embrace change.
- Develop and implement a recruitment and enrollment plan to effectively build a strong pipeline of prospective students for each cohort / semester
- Build and maintain relationships with local high schools, community-based organizations, residents, and other groups that work with young people to increase the pipeline of interested qualified candidates
- Plan and leadinformation sessions for interested students
- Engage with prospective students through in-person interviews, email, phone, text message, etc.
- Create and oversee marketing and social media strategies to target high-potential students
- Manage online and print ad placement for recruitment purposes
- Manage the development and distribution of admissions collateral
- Organize and implement recruitment events
- Collaborate with operations and program teams to set enrollment targets per semester / cohort / year
- Lead the team in admitting and enrolling a full cohorts of students
- Create and manage the enrollment calendar and ensure the implementation of all associated steps
- Engage students at every stage of the enrollment pipeline, with the goal of transforming prospective students into applicants, and applicants into enrolled students
- Serve as a point of contact for potential candidates
- Provide excellent customer service to every prospective student via phone and in-person
- Work closely with Program and Operations team to ensure strategic alignment and pipeline updates
- Analyze and manage data to design and produce regular reports that track, document and measure recruitment & admissions progress; make appropriate recommendations for future initiatives based on program needs
- Enter data, manage reports and ensure data integrity
- Liaise with key partners to obtain student information
- Develop proficiency in Salesforce.com report generation and usage to track recruitment statistics and inform improvements to the recruitment process
- Track the weekly progress towards recruitment and enrollment-related goals
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in recruitment, admissions, or enrollment
- Experience working directly with or on behalf of diverse, youth and young adults in Boston communities
- Passion for TPP’s mission and an understanding of the needs of youth, particularly those who are underserved, recent immigrants, or those who face barriers to success
- Community outreach and public speaking experience
- Ability to connect quickly and authentically with people
- Facility with Google Suite, Excel, Word, social media
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills with strong follow up
- Adaptable, innovative individual committed to working collaboratively with a creative team and who anticipates challenges and finds solutions to mitigate.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - comfort with taking educated risks, excitement to pilot new ideas, research best practices, and reflect on experience for continuous improvement
- Take initiative, work independently, and troubleshoot in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Demonstration and alignment to our core values and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrated proficiency and eagerness to learn and grow in TPPs core and leadership competencies: Communication, Cultural Curiosity, Commitment to Excellence, Growth Mindset, Service Mindset, Teamwork & Collaboration, Results, Relationships, Talent
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and work authorization
Compensation & Benefits
The Possible Project offers a robust compensation and benefits package including high-quality health benefits and an employer contribution to your 401(k) plan.
We believe every member of our team and student body deserves opportunities for growth, success and inclusion. We recognize that for many of our students, staff and communities, their life journeys run through oppressive structures and systems (e.g. classism, racism, sexism) — and that’s what makes our organizational culture and work so necessary and important.
We believe that diversity in perspective, backgrounds, ethnicities and lived experience is a strength, and from that strength, we can accomplish great things with the students we serve. Together as students, staff, organizations, communities, volunteers, and partners, we are intentional about creating safe spaces where all members can speak authentically and be themselves.
We are committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity. As members of The Possible Project community, our progression along this ongoing journey raises thoughtful questions, reveals biases, and opens conversations. We celebrate one another and are unified in our commitment to young people, excellence, and innovation. This work is our shared responsibility and our opportunity to welcome all members who share in our mission and strive to provide pathways that further prepare students in achieving their desired success.