- Serve as primary driver of the organization’s editorial strategy by establishing a system to collect steady content from and about The Possible Project students, staff, partners, and champions.
- Gather, write, edit, and amplify content across social media platforms (Current: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blog, Smugmug, Website/Future:???).
- Ensure that all content is written and tagged for search engine optimization and is responsive to the needs of all departments.
- Compile content for regular email newsletters for multiple audiences.
- Ensure The Possible Project and our community’s posts accurately represent the organization, and are FERPA compliant.
- Monitor digital, social, and traditional media for relevant news, trends, and opportunities for engagement with influencers.
- Monitor all social media accounts for messaging and engage the right people on the team to ensure responsiveness.
- Evaluate all digital performance using monthly analytics in collaboration with the Evaluation and Learning department.
- Coordinate multimedia needs including photography and videography.
- Collaborate on graphic design and other creative aspects of content generation.
- Three or more years of experience in communications/marketing/public relations field.
- Superb written and verbal communications skills, including strong editing skills.
- Strong command of social media platforms and landscape, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, SmugMug, LinkedIn, Snapchat and others. Experience using analytics and reporting out on performance metrics.
- Experience using email distribution platforms required. Salesforce or similar customer relationship management platform experience a plus.
- Proficient HTML skills and website editing experience required. Proficiency with design, photo, and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail, including all logistics and ensuring team members are driving toward goals and deadlines.
Since its founding seven years ago, The Possible Project has designed, implemented, assessed, and refined a model for after-school programming that provides high school students with an opportunity to conceive and launch their own businesses, gain authentic work experiences, have access to industry and professional mentors, and receive personalized guidance on post-secondary opportunities. The Possible Project partners with students to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, critical job-readiness skills, and STEM confidence through a dynamic project-based curriculum.